Dental bridges are a great way to not only restore your smile, but make everyday activities, such as talking and eating, much easier. Read below to learn more and see if a dental bridge is the right solution for your smile.
A dental bridge is a procedure which literally “bridges” the gap that is created when a patient loses one or more teeth. Bridges are often called “fixed bridges” because they are permanent procedures, and often last a lifetime without having to be replaced.
When Does a Patient Need a Fixed Bridge?
Your trusted dentist in Greenville, SC can install a fixed bridge to solve a variety of dental issues, which may include:
- Missing teeth. The most common reason for a fixed bridge is to fill the gap left by teeth which have been knocked out or removed.
- Maintaining proper facial shape. If tooth loss or damage has been done to a patient’s jaw, then a fixed bridge can help preserve the shape of your jaw.
- Keeping remaining teeth in place. Fixed bridges can contribute to preventing any remaining teeth from drifting out of their original position.
- Restoring proper speaking and chewing. Tooth loss can impact a patient’s ability to speak and chew food properly.
- Restore a natural-looking smile. Patients who feel anxious about their smile due to missing teeth may benefit from a fixed bridge.
- Upgrading dental appliances. Some patients who currently use removable partial dentures can have a convenient, permanent fixed bridge installed as an upgrade.
Here at Carolina Oaks Dental Care, we know how important it is to your overall oral health that you get the dental care you need in time, before other problems arise. If you are suffering from a missing tooth or teeth, please do not hesitate to get the issue resolved by your trusted dentist in Greenville, SC before you have more or worse problems.
What Do Fixed Bridges Consist Of?
A fixed bridge consists of two or more crowns, which are created to fit the teeth surrounding either side of the gap caused by missing teeth. These anchoring teeth, called “abutment teeth”, serve as the foundation for the false tooth, or teeth, which will be installed in-between the crowns.
The false teeth which are installed in the middle of the fixed bridge are called “pontics”, and can either be made from porcelain, alloys, gold, or any combination of the three.
What Kinds of Dental Bridges are There?
Your trusted dentist in Greenville, SC will likely offer any, if not all, of these options when you visit for a fixed bridge consultation:
- Traditional bridges. This style involves creating a crown for the surrounding abutment teeth in order to keep the false pontic tooth in place. These are the most common types of fixed bridges and are usually made of porcelain.
- Maryland bonded bridges. These bridges, also called resin-bonded bridges, are most often made of porcelain fused to metal, or plastic gums and teeth surrounded by a metal framework to keep it in place.
They are happy and have the brightest smile
“I was very impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone was. I love the location, its very convenient to where I work so making it very easy to visit during my lunch hour. Just a great experience, would definitely recommend”
“After moving around the country the last few years I am embarrassed to admit making time for dentist appointments was not a high priority. I went in for a check up and cleaning today and they made me feel very comfortable and welcome. My cleaning was more than a bit over due and I was expecting
to be very sore after. Just the opposite, she was very gentle and understating of my procrastination. I made my next appointments with no hesitation. Pleasant experience and that says a lot when it refers to a dentist appointment”
“Couldn’t be happier! The staff are so friendly and personable; appointments are quick yet thorough. The best service I’ve ever received at a dentist office.”
“The staff is wonderful and extremely helpful!!! I did not hesitate to refer my family and friends.”
“Great dentist office in awesome location…staff is extremely nice, professional, and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this office to anyone looking for a new dentist.”
“I am so happy I decided to pick Carolina Oaks as my new Dentist! They are so friendly. If you need a new dentist, go here! You won’t regret it!”
Get your brightest and healthiest smile now.
For more information about fixed bridges, and the style that would be right for you, contact your local dental experts in Greenville, SC at Carolina Oaks Dental Care today. We’re waiting to hear from you, so call 864-235-3949.
The Carolina Oaks Greenville location
is just across from the University Center
at McAlister Square near the
Laurens Road overpass
200 S. Pleasantburg Dr
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone : (864) 235-3949
Email : email@example.com
Monday – Thursday
8:30am – 1:00pm
2:00pm – 5:30pm