Dental veneers offer the ultimate smile makeover. The restorations can mask multiple cosmetic concerns with a single procedure.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers, also sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental laminates, are thin, custom-made shells that are bonded to the front and sides of your teeth, completely transforming the appearance of your smile. They can be used to change the color, shape, length or size of the teeth and correct any cosmetic flaws, including damage, spacing and discoloration.
At Carolina Oaks Dental Care, we offer high quality, custom dental veneers in Greenville, SC. One of our experienced dentists will work with you to design your dream smile. A lab will use their specifications to fabricate veneers that are gorgeous and natural looking.
How Are Dental Veneers Made?
A dental veneer can be made from a variety of materials, depending on the intended use of the veneer.
Some veneers are made from porcelain. These veneers are more stain-resistant than other types of veneers and appear more natural in photos because porcelain reflects the light in a manner similar to how the enamel on our natural teeth reflects the light.
Thinner veneers are often made with resin. These veneers are most often used when the tooth does not need to be modified before the veneer will be put in place, making them an additional alternative which your dentists may offer.
What Do Veneers Do?
Dental veneers can be used to resolve a variety of common dental issues, including:
- Worn out teeth. If a patient suffers from bruxism (grinding of the teeth), then their teeth may result in becoming worn down. Placing new veneers can restore the original shape and appearance of natural teeth.
- Discoloration and staining. Over time, a patient’s teeth may become discolored or stained. This may be due to excessive fluoride, the presence of resin fillings, or even as a result of a root canal procedure.
- Fill in gaps between the teeth. Veneers can be placed over a patient’s existing teeth to fill any unsightly gaps between teeth.
- Irregular or misaligned teeth. If a patient’s teeth are misshapen, or if their teeth are uneven, then veneers may solve the issue.
- Chipped or broken teeth. Veneers are common procedures for patients who have sustained damage to one or more of their front teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Veneers?
Choosing porcelain or resin veneers can have a positive impact on your life, helping you with the following issues:
Hiding dental irregularities.
Dental veneers can solve or mask existing problems with teeth such as gaps, crooked teeth, or teeth which have been worn down from grinding at night.
Whiter, brighter teeth.
If your teeth are discolored due to a root canal or have become stained as a result of smoking or drinking black tea or coffee, then porcelain veneers can help your smile appear whiter.